Saturday, August 3, 2013

It's All Good...


“Consider it pure Joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds…” James 1:2

Man, I love this book!  The book of James, in the New Testament, has always been one of my favorite books of the Bible. (James did not believe in Jesus at first, and even challenged him…{Jesus can handle your questioning} Later, he (James) becomes a prominent leader in the Jerusalem Church.

James writes about people in the face of their difficulties. Sound familiar? We ALL face difficulties. Some of us face difficulties as soon as our feet hit the floor in the morning. (Your pain and tribulations are known.)

James starts this book with the greatest of direction: “Consider it pure joy whenever you face trials of many kinds… because the testing of your faith develops perseverance.”

A friend of mine posted on line this week, that they were let go from their job. As he and another employee finished out the work day, my friend remained calm and unshaken.  His co-worker didn’t take the news as good and asked, “ How can you be so calm about this?”   “When there is nowhere else to turn, I turn to Jesus,” my friend replied.

How cool is that?  I would like to “think” I could remain that clear headed in very hard situations.

When we are going through trials, the loss of a job, sickness or even a loss of someone we love, we must turn to God. He will help us Persevere.

“Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be MATURE and COMPLETE, not LACKING anything.” James 1:4

Our experiences can help someone else. During some of the most difficult times in my life, I become the closest to God.  We talked more than ever; I studied the Bible harder then ever prayed, prayed, prayed.  God got me through these problems and drew me closer to Him in the process.

Its easy to think that all hope is lost… remember the low points will make us “Mature and complete, not lacking anything”

Oh, the next day my friend’s company called him back and asked him to come back J.

with joy, 
-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment