Saturday, August 10, 2013

Hey Stud!


This week my wife and I embarked on a home project that had me kind of…apprehensive.

We’ve always talked about hanging our TV on the wall and putting a fireplace underneath. I didn’t mind installing the fireplace, but the thought of hanging this large, heavy, and expensive TV on the wall made me extremely nervous. What if the bracket didn’t hold It up? Not only could this destroy our TV and wall, but it could seriously injure someone if we were under it when it decided to fall. 

My wife kept on assuring me, “We are bolting it to the studs, it will not fall.” I couldn’t get over it. The first night it was up I just knew I would be awoken with a crash and smash.

The next morning… It was still hanging. And currently I still have a TV and a wall and no trips to the ER.  Phew.

As time goes by I am sure my guard will lower with each day my TV consistently stays in place. 

In our life we need studs to firmly place our trust in. When we are hanging on to our sanity or hope, whom can we bolt on to?


Hebrews 6:19-20 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.

Jesus is our Anchor, our rock.

 Matthew 7:24–27 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.  And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

On Christ the solid rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand…

When you feel like you can’t hang on or if you are going to fall, bolt on to the ultimate Stud, Jesus Christ.


Love, Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment