Saturday, August 31, 2013

Practice Patience.


This week I prepared to play at the Dan Fogelberg Celebration concert. As the week went on I worked on the songs I was assigned to play and become more confident and accurate with the lyrics and music.  The night of the show came and I wasn’t as nervous as I thought I was going to be. I played the songs, with mess ups but very minimal, and completed my set with a smile on my face.

But I HAD TO PRACTICE, I couldn’t have gotten through it without knowing the chords and songs.

While practicing, I had to keep listening to the song and telling myself, “this is what the song should and will sound like when I am done.”  and gradually the song came together.

I had to be patient. 

In life I keep a reminder of practicing patience when I feel like I am about to loose my mind in the stresses of the world.

I first turn to Romans 8:28  “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
Knowing that know matter what I am going through, good will come out of it.   It may not come as quickly as I had hoped or I may not ever see the results in my lifetime, but it will be good.
To reassure myself, I turn to James 5:7 “Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains.”
The farmer knows the seed was planted, knows that it will grow, and waits until the right to harvest. It isn’t up to the farmer when to harvest, the seed has to grow.

So whatever is on your heart this week, please remember to take a patient approach to it, and keep in mind that good can and will come out of your situation as long as you believe in the Lord and allow him to work.

God Bless
-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment