Saturday, July 27, 2013

You Are What You Eat!


I feel "blah" ...  I did not eat the way I normally eat and I feel like I have been dragging all week. (My body is quietly moaning.) 


The past few years I have been extremely committed to calorie counting, exercising and eating well.  For some reason, this week was a "no go" on all counts. (I guess we all have those days.)  Because of my lack of motivation and commitment to my body, I wake up today not feeling like my normal self.


 While reading in Matthew, I was reminded that not only do we have a physical health to maintain, but there is our mental and spiritual health that must but treated with equal or even greater care.


(Is our mind and spirit healthy?) When I run, I must admit, I listen to some HEAVY stuff. Its hard, fast and most of the time I can't understand the lyrics. (thankfully) But, this music has proven to keep me energized and focused enough to complete my workout. (I have found some alternatives to this music.)


If I am not careful, my attitude can quickly reflect those of the artist I start my mornings with. That's why it is important to me to feed my self (mentally and spiritually) some healthy food.


All of us at some point of the day, will hear music, or news reports, or see images in ads that try to define (or direct us on) the way we should feel or make decisions about certain issues or beliefs. These "directions" are sometimes completely opposite of how God has directed us to truly go.  IF we do not read the Bible, how will we know what is right and what is wrong in the eyes of God?


In the computer world there is a saying, "Garbage in, Garbage out," meaning that if invalid data is entered into a system, the resulting output will also be... invalid. 



Matthew 12:33-37:“Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good?  For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.   A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.  But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the Day of Judgment for every empty word they have spoken.  For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”


What we watch, listen to or read. Turns in to how we think, react and believe. 


Not only is today a new day for me Physically (and I will be on the treadmill in the next couple hours...) but it's also a new day for me to focus on what is coming into my mind and heart. 

“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things.” Philippians 4:8


With Love,
~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment