Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Moody You, Singing The Moody Blues

“Tuesday afternoon, I'm just beginning to see, now I'm on my way…” The Moody Blues

Have you ever had one of those moments when you have to stop and say… “Hey, life is not that bad?”

Some days I find myself needing this reminder.  One of my top 50 Musical groups is The Moody Blues, their song, Tuesday Afternoon, contains a great lyric,  “If you'll just come with me you'll see the beauty of
Tuesday afternoon”

There is nothing special about this time of day except for that fact that he is alive . (there are a couple of interpretations to the song, but I am keeping it light.)

In reading this week , God continued to provide me with two great examples on how to see the beauty of a normal Tuesday afternoon.

1.Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 5:20 )

Giving thanks to God for everything; the good, the bad and the ugly… We are alive, we have another day to get it right, be with the ones we love and show them love.

And how do we show them love?

2. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. (Ephesians 4:32)

Being kind, forgiving and tenderhearted.  So many times I start my day with a hardened heart.  Protecting it from feeling or caring.  Soften the calluses of your heart and be kind and forgiving to others and yourself.

Recognize the beauty in everyday, even a normal Tuesday Afternoon. God made it.


~the sometimes moody, adam

No comments:

Post a Comment