Saturday, February 15, 2014

Above All, Love

My Valentines’ day card to my wife was one of the most honest cards I think I have ever seen.  The cretors of the card meant it  for a funny little joke but it  almoset seemed like it was writted just for me.
It Read:
“For my wife on Valentine’s day,
Sometimes I’m absentminded, sometime I’m kind of cross, sometimes I maybe act as if I think I am the boss.
Sometimes I’m kind of quiet, especially when I’m worried, sometimes I’m just plain stubborn when I think I’m being hurried.
Sometimes I act a little spoiled, sometimes I’m lazy too-But there’s one thing that I always am, I’m always in love with you!”
Yeah, yeah “gag me with a spoon, I here ya… haters”  lol
As I am always trying to be better then the person listed above, my love for my Wife keeps me ever aware of how I am and how I need to be.
1 Peter chapter 4 focuses on how we need to evaluate our life to make sure we are living God… (please read this chapter if you have a few minutes)
Particularly today, I am looking at verse 8 “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.” 
Although sometimes I am stubborn, lazy or absentminded, my wife knows I love her, and she loves me despite those things.  (However, as I am aware of my faults, daily I try to be better because I do love her.)
The same, but even more importantly, goes for God. Humans are a mess, we do a lot of things wrong, the one thing we CAN do is LOVE.  “…Love covers a multitude of Sins”
If you are trying to be better or change your attitude towards people or life in general, Try Love, Try living for God the way Peter discusses. “Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. “ (verse 9)
Happy V-Day,

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment