Saturday, January 25, 2014

Mirror Mirror

Our kids learn songs like ABC and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star because we sing it over and over and over and over and … (you get it.)
Our kids pick-up on the things we say and do, by watching us do things repetitively. Want to know what your favorite phrases are? Hang around my kids right now and by the end of the day they are mocking you word for word.
There are certain things we do and say out of habit and influence.
How do we as Christians expect to behave Christ like, if we aren’t constantly reading the Bible, having conversations through prayer and hanging (Old folks call it Fellowship) with other believers?  We won’t…
When I want to be fit and exercise, I look at other like-minded, fit oriented people for guidance and support. When I want to write a song or be inspired, I go to songs and writers that take me there. So, if my purpose in life is to worship and have relationship with our creator, shouldn’t I look to Him and His people for instruction?
Who do you emulate?   Your Parents..?  Your friends..? Do you live how the movies, music and media say we should? Or do you try to emulate the life of Christ? Its not easy, but it is our mission.
John challenges us in 1 John 2:6  Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.”
Do you accept?

_adam

No comments:

Post a Comment