Saturday, January 18, 2014

Got Junk?

This week, my wife and I cleaned out our basement.  The basement has been the catch-all for anything we didn’t have a place for.  Although it was convenient to have an entire floor as your “Junk Drawer.”  Most of the “stuff” really could have been thrown away, however at some specific time the item was necessary or had some emotional memory attached to it.

As we went through it all, we threw a great amount away, and re-arrange storage for putting things in its proper place. The End result was an empty basement. We didn’t know we had so much room.  Now we can improve this space and make it useful.

This got me thinking. What kind of Junk do we carry around in our minds and hearts that may hinder our growth and attitudes?  Guilt? Anger? Regret? What “emotional attachments” in our past keep us from moving forward?

Philippians 3:13,14 is a great verse that reminds us that we can move forward with God.

“Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
Search for what is stopping you from being useful, having a joyful attitude and moving forward. Pray and draw closer to God and ask him to help clear the Junk.
Make room in your heart for Jesus.
Happy Cleaning!

~adam

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Adam; as I told you before, you have the knack for saying just the right thing as the right time!

    ReplyDelete