Saturday, October 26, 2013

Colder Weather


Now that it is getting colder, my family has started getting out the “winter/cold” clothes.

Its nice to know that when the weather turns, I can open a tub of clothes and the sweaters, sweatshirts and long johns are right there.  Throughout the Bible, Jesus reminds us that He is there, and what He offers us is not only eternal, but also something that the World cannot give.  My Warmth in the cold weather of life, is Peace.

A peace that passes all understanding… When life is hard, confusing or painful, I can still have peace in my heart and mind. 
The Verse  John 14:27 
is a something I like to call… a “Dashboard Verse” (a verse that needs to be printed out and taped to my car dash, a daily reminder.)

“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.” (NLT)

It is comforting to know that by believing, trusting and following in Jesus. We can have a little bit more warmth in these colder times.  Wrap the love of God around you and your family this fall, and share it with those around you.

Peace,
adam

No comments:

Post a Comment