Saturday, October 5, 2013

Leafless Trees


It’s that time of year again, my favorite time, autumn!  Give me a cup of coffee, some good (melancholy) music and I am good to go.  Autumn in Kentucky, for me, is an extremely beautiful season. It’s the first season I was exposed to (as it contains the month of my birth) and it always seems to be my most inspired time (creatively.) But what makes it so beautiful, everything is dying?

For me, it’s the trees! They provide the coolest visual effects as their leaves change into their reds, oranges and yellows before blowing away into the sky.  Trees also make up my unofficial soundtrack to fall. Hearing the wind blow through the dry leaves or listening to them crackle at our feet as we walk, the sound of raking them up (only to run through them,) there’s something about it.

Once the leaves are gone and the trees are standing bare. It is not hard to mistake some of them as dead.  Thankfully, this is not the case.  We know that when spring comes around these trees will start to sprout new leaves and before we know it the skyline will be full and green.  

One of my favorite verses of all time is 2 Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”

In order for us to have a new beginning, become a new person or get a fresh start… Our old self has to go. Like leaves on a tree God takes the dying parts away, to give us a new coat, a new season, a new life.

Happy autumn!

 Love, Adam 

No comments:

Post a Comment