Saturday, February 7, 2015

"I Can’t Find You"


As I listen to my kids play and run around the house, I can’t help but laugh at some of the issues they encounter. One issue that keeps occurring is when they separate and can’t find each other… One will call out for the other over and over, not taking a break in between yelling to hear the other one answer.  Being older and wiser (sarcasm) I try to explain to them to WAIT a second after you yell out to allow the other to answer… Listen.   I know this lesson far to well.

Matthew 7:7,8 teaches us: “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.”
So why do we run into the frustrations of asking and searching but not finding or receiving? For me, I’m not sure I take the time to listen.

David tells us “Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your hear: wait, I say, on the LORD.” Psalm 27:14

Are you calling out for answers? Searching? Call out! Ask! Search! But then… Wait.

~adam
“I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.” Psalm 40:1

No comments:

Post a Comment