Saturday, March 22, 2014

That's Why We Pray

This week I was reading “Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire” by Jim Cymbala. The book emphasizes the power of prayer and how prayer can completely change your life and everyone around you.
This got me thinking about prayer in my own life.  I pray constantly and sometimes it’s without thinking about it.
There are two Bible passages that really explain my practice of Prayer
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
“ Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
James 12-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”
I have found that everything is a lesson learned.  Although not every lesson was a lesson from God, (Sometimes I or people around me have gotten ourselves into situations we shouldn’t have been in) God as always brought a lesson out of it. Which allows me to grow and be a witness to others when I see them struggling as well.
I am constantly praying and talking to God through out the day, which I consider to be a strong point in my life. However, something I feel I can work on his giving God the time and prayer when things are going good.  Jim Cymbala spoke one this in his book as well. I seem to know that when there is trouble or when I need help God is there. But He is also there to take part in my joy.
If you find yourself in need of a friend, or have questions and need answers. OR feel extremely sad or happy. Pray, Let God know that you recognize what is going on around you and that He is a part of it.

-Always praying for you, Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment