Saturday, March 29, 2014

Listen; do you want to know a secret?

I have a big secret!  Are you ready?
You are allowed to be content. Content with you clothes, your technology devices (phones, tablets, etc.) It’s a crazy thought, especially as we are constantly being told to have the latest and greatest products and models on the market.
You can be content with your spouse who may have lost their hair or gotten old.  You are allowed to be content with your clothes, your job and your life.
(Quick definition)
Contentment: a state of happiness and satisfaction.
So many times we are stressed, over extended and exhausted because we are trying to portray that we are hip and up-to-date.
Paul breaks down his thoughts on being content in the below two books.
Philippians 4 11b-13
"…For I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.
13) I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."
 The secret to contentment:  know that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens.
 1 Timothy 6:6-7
"But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment. For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either."
Growing up I’ve always heard “you can’t take it with you when you die…” When you believe in the Lord as your savior you have nothing else to worry about. HE strengthens us and will get us through everything.
I am learning everyday to be more content with the things that I have. I have a phone; it’s not the newest. I have a guitar, its not the most expensive…

Be thankful for what you have and focus on loving people and not the loving things.
~adam

No comments:

Post a Comment