Saturday, November 16, 2013

In Love

Do you ever question why you do or don’t do something?  Why do I write this blog? Why do I give to charity? Why do I not give to charity? Why do I discipline my kids? Why do I not discipline my kids?   Why should I take on this responsibility at work?  The list could go on for days…

In my reading this week, I was reminded of  a scene in the Michael Jackson movie, “This is It.”  His band was not as together as he wanted so he stops the rehearsal to explain what was wrong or missing. After he explained to the band what they needed to do, he said, “I’m saying this out of love, L.O.VE.   It’s all in Love.” He loved the music, performing and the people around him and wanted to get it right. He wasn’t being hateful about it.

I was so intrigued by his actions that it made me really think about how I approach situations. When I tell my kids “no” they can’t do that, I am not doing it because I am the “superior adult,” I love them and  what they are doing might not be safe.

If I give a donation, food or assist someone in need, I don’t do it for the notoriety,  I want to do it out of love.  Even if I don’t know them, I love God the father who commanded us to Love each other.

In 1 Corinthians 16, Paul writes to the church of Corinth about being a neighbor and loving each other. In This particular chapter, Paul emphasized that no good work is ever wasted and gave us instructions on how to live.

Verse 13-14: Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love.

-Be on your guard for false teachings, your own pride or sin etc.,

-stand firm in the faith in which brings you hope and salvation

-be courageous and strong so that you may deal with problems that arise

(as to say that “the greatest of these is love…” Paul stamps it with…. )

-Do everything in love… if you put love into your actions they’ll have true meaning and purpose.


IF you or I ever need a reminder of how to approach a situation or people, this would be a great addition to the check list.


Have a great Saturday and go In love ~ adam

No comments:

Post a Comment