Saturday, September 14, 2013

Without...


Have you ever gone a whole day without your cell phone?

I left the house the other day and left mine on the kitchen counter. This left me with no audiobooks, music, email or any other form of communication.

This also meant that throughout the day if awkward situations arose, instead of burring my head in my phone to avoid them, I had to acknowledge them.  (A definite throwback to the times when I didn’t have a phone.)

Needless to say by the end of the day, I was quite anxious to check my messages, missed calls and social media updates. 

Guess what? I missed nothing, no calls, no important emails, no messages. I survived a whole day without something I thought I couldn’t live without.

I’m reminded in a letter from Paul that he wrote to the Philippians while in prison.

But my God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 4:19)

Here is Paul, sitting in prison and a still remains encouraged and encourages others.

In the past few weeks, it seems that our domestic news stories have been filled with despair and devastation. With the Wild fires, the Flooding, Remembering 9/11 and the most recent fire on the New Jersey Boardwalk. It’s easy for us to look at it all and say, “ I can’t live without…” But we must remember that we can survive through it and God will supply our needs. Lets focus on God and try to remember that material things come and go and our true needs will be met.

My Prayers go out those in Colorado and New Jersey.

~adam 

No comments:

Post a Comment