Saturday, September 21, 2013

In our Silence


Gray, rainy days may be some of my favorite.  There is a silence in the air as the birds await the sun and everyone stays inside to avoid the downpour. I feel like I can truly relax even when I am extremely busy.
A few of these days made their presence this week and man did I take it in. I wrote some and read some and spent as much time outside as possible.
This week, I also re-read the book of Psalms.
My mind stayed In Chapter 62:5-8

“For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, 
 for my hope is from him.
He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
On God rests my salvation and my glory; 
 my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
Trust in him at all times, O people;
 pour out your heart before him;
 God is a refuge for us. Selah”

When the storms hit and the waves crash, it does us no good to bust out the doors running and screaming. Sit in silence, pray and allow God to work.  If we believe, have hope and make Him our rock, the one we lean on a trust. We cannot be SHAKEN. 

Are you dealing with something and feeling alone? Do you find yourself feeling like all you have around you is noise and chatter?
Sit in silence, show God that you have hope in him and you trust in Him at all times. Pour out your heart and let him work.

So tonight as we reflect on our day, lets sit in silence and allow God to do the talking. Try it… you’ll like it.

Thanks for allowing me to share my week with you,
~adam

No comments:

Post a Comment