Saturday, September 10, 2016

Rock Star

The lights go down, the crowd starts to cheer, you walk out on the stage as the electricity from the instruments and the people start to overwhelm your senses. The lights come on and the music starts... everyone is jumping to the music and singing the words back at you. You are a rock star!

Recently a friend of mine observed that I would never be content unless I was a rock star.  Of course I said, "Not true" and changed the subject as fast as I could. 

Because deep down inside, maybe they weren't all wrong… A lot of us have dreams and aspirations that may not fully have come true. We then find ourselves in a place where we never thought we would be, doing things that we never thought we would do.  

During my morning run I started to think about this more and more. Finally, it hit me... I still can be a rock star!!!!

Colossians 3:23 came into my head… This verse has been appearing around me for about three or four weeks and it has allowed me to look at my approach to certain things in a different light. 

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men..."(English Standard Version (ESV))

BE A ROCK STAR! In whatever I'm doing, I need to do it with the passion of a rock star. A musician on stage or an athlete on the playing field will give it there all, all of the time. 

Work hard with all of your heart, not for men, but for the Lord. Be a rock star employee or boss, be a rock star student, be a rock star parent, be a rock star spouse, and be a rock star friend!

I've always felt like there was a rock star inside just dying to get out and even though its not the stage and lights like it use to be, I'd like to think that the stage just got a little bigger. 

Rock on!

-adam  

No comments:

Post a Comment